Welcome to TexasMarshalsBaseball.com
Fan site of the teams which play in the Texas Collegiate League.
The Texas Marshals (formerly McKinney Marshals) were a summer college wood bat baseball team which played in all seasons of the Texas Collegiate League from its inception in 2004 through the end of the 2018 season. The team is not playing in 2020.
On June 11, 2020 the TCL announced a 1-year league featuring 4 of 2019’s TCL teams + 6 collegiate teams fielded by 5 affiliated (MiLB) organizations. The COVID-19 situation forced this situation, so the 2020 TCL teams will be:
- Acadiana Cane Cutters (Lafayette, LA)
- Brazos Valley Bombers (Bryan-College Station, TX)
- Texarkana (TX) Twins
- Victoria (TX) Generals
- Amarillo Sod Poodles
- Amarillo Sod Squad
- Frisco RoughRiders
- Tulsa Drillers
- Round Rock Express will play as the “Round Rock Hairy Men”
- San Antonio Missions, whose TCL team will play as the “Flying Chanclas”
According to the recent Ballpark Digest article (click here for full article)
Each team will have a roster of about 30 players and play a total of 30 regular season games (15/15 home/road split) from June 30 to August 2 followed by a postseason. The postseason format will begin with a best-of-three divisional series played by the top two seeds from each division. The winner of each division will then face off in a winner-take-all championship game for the Gerald Haddock Trophy.
This website will help you by:
- Providing updates of teams which are playing in 2020 in the Texas Collegiate League
- Providing recaps of previous Texas Marshals games
- Giving you history on the Texas Marshals and other TCL teams, including players who have made the Major Leagues after having been on a TCL team
- Providing interesting stories about players, coaching staff members, front office members and alumni who have been a part of the Marshals organization and the TCL at one point
You also are welcome to see more about all of the Texas Collegiate League teams, by clicking any marker (pin) of interest to you on this Google My Map. Each pin (marker) has the team name, address, images pertaining to the team and stadium, website link and (if available) official team YouTube channel:
Dallas Fort Worth And Baseball Resources For You
In addition, we want you to interact with this website year-round and not just during the season. Here are just some of the ways in which we hope to be able to provide you information that you may find beneficial 365 days a year:
- Local business directories for all kinds of businesses in Dallas County, Collin County and in the nearby towns
- Helping you find discounts on baseball and softball equipment
While the primary function of this website is to give you more information about the history of the Texas Marshals and the Texas Collegiate League, we want this website to be a resource for you as much as possible 52 weeks a year.
Please let us know what other resources you are seeking either which are related to the sport of baseball or the Dallas County, Collin County and Denton County regions.
Thank you for your interest in the history of the Texas Marshals, the Texas Collegiate League and the other resources we provide on this site.
Be Featured On This Website
- Taking advantage of our current and future search engine rankings
- Leveraging our social media and online paid advertising efforts to promote your business
- Ability to help you quantify how we can help you get new business
- Do all of the above in a cost-effective, easy to understand manner
Thanks to friends who encourage us to keep this website going: